What are soluble and insoluble fiber?
Soluble fiber dissolves in water and is found mostly in fruits, oat bran, etc. It has a gel-like consistency that increases bowel by increasing the volume of bulk in colon.
Insoluble fiber which doesn’t dissolve in water and is found mostly in vegetables. It works like a sponge and it grabs the toxins in our body to eliminate them out to the toilet.
Why taking adequate fiber daily is important?
Some people might think it’s all about overcoming constipation.
Actually, not exactly, if you google the benefits of fiber on the internet, you can find as much information as you required. The followings are a few extracts for your easy reference.
A high-fiber diet has many benefits, which include:
- Normalizes bowel movements. Dietary fiber increases the weight and size of your stool and softens it. A bulky stool is easier to pass, decreasing your chance of constipation. If you have loose, watery stools, fiber may help to solidify the stool because it absorbs water and adds bulk to stool.
- Helps maintain bowel health. A high-fiber diet may lower your risk of developing hemorrhoids and small pouches in your colon (diverticular disease). Some fiber is fermented in the colon. Researchers are looking at how this may play a role in preventing diseases of the colon.
- Lowers cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber found in beans, oats, flaxseed and oat bran may help lower total blood cholesterol levels by lowering low-density lipoprotein, or “bad,” cholesterol levels. Studies also have shown that high-fiber foods may have other heart-health benefits, such as reducing blood pressure and inflammation.
- Helps control blood sugar levels. In people with diabetes, fiber — particularly soluble fiber — can slow the absorption of sugar and help improve blood sugar levels. A healthy diet that includes insoluble fiber may also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Aids in achieving healthy weight. High-fiber foods tend to be more filling than low-fiber foods, so you’re likely to eat less and stay satisfied longer. And high-fiber foods tend to take longer to eat and to be less “energy-dense,” which means they have fewer calories for the same volume of food.
TOTAL ESSENTIAL IS A BALANCED BLEND OF TOP GRADE SOLUBLE AND INSOLUBLE FIBER FROM FRUITS AND VEGETABLES.
The ingredients include:
- Apple Fibre
- Oat Bran Fibre
- Palm Tree Trunk Fibre
- Soluble Corn Fiber
- Guar Gum
Total Essential is certified by HACCP, GMP and HALAL as a Food category.
All of the ingredients used are certified non-GMO (non-genetically modified organism) and Gluten-Free. They are sourced from the best ingredients from all over the world to make this product top grade standard.
Total Essential contains Palm Tree Trunk fiber which is 60% water-soluble fiber. It is an extract from the trunk of the Oil Palm Tree indigenous to West Africa and cultivated in Malaysia and Indonesia. This wonderful fiber is a functional food ingredient that helps to manage and lower the risk of diabetes, colon cancer, heart disease and obesity.
The product has been in the market for more than 10 years, formerly branded as Total Cleansing.
*Consult your health care practitioner before starting any health program.
Take one packet and mix with 250 ml of water. Drink one packet a day at least 2 - 3 hours after dinner.
Size: 15 packs. Net Wt. 150 gm